” … this cocktail has become a close friend …”
I was introduced to this magical martini when friends took us to an old fashioned magic show (magical martini, magic show – is there a connection?) a few years ago. The venue was set up like a lounge out of the 1920’s. First we had these wonderful cocktails in old comfy chairs by a fire. Then we were ushered off to a small theatre to enjoy the show. Now, I’ve never been a fan of a dry martini or any martini for that matter. But… Blueberries. Lemon. Blueberry Vodka. All mixed up together? Who would have thunk? So this. This my friends … this cocktail has become a close friend.
Oh, but please. Let me go on! It’s like a loyal old dog who’s never let you down. It’s like your most favourite, comfortable pair of shoes. It’s just a thing that really, really makes me happy. And it’s delicious to boot. What a great way to end a tough day or to just start a beautiful evening.
Ok. I’m done now.♥
- 3 oz Blueberry Vodka
- 1.5 oz Triple Sec
- 2 oz Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 oz Good quality lemonade
- ½ cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp Fine sugar
- A saucer with a few tablespoons of Cane Sugar to rim the glasses
- Prepare your martini glasses by rimming the edges with a lemon wedge. Then, dip each glass into the cane sugar and twist so that the whole rim is rimmed with sugar.
- With a mortar and pestle, muddle the blueberries with the sugar. Place them in a martini shaker with a strainer.
- Add the Blueberry Vodka, Triple Sec, and lemonade to the shaker along with a few ice cubes.
- Give your concoction a few good shakes and pour into your prepared martini glasses.